How to register a litter of puppies with the MDBA.
A Breeders Prefix is much like a business name and is the first word in every dog's registered name.
The prefix belongs to a breeder to enable everyone to easily recognise which dogs have been breed by which member of that registry.
To register a litter of puppies on any MDBA registry you will need:
- To be a current financial MDBA Breeder member
- Have a MDBA breeder prefix
- Be the owner of the Dam at the time of mating
- Provide to the MDBA registry copies of the pedigrees of both sire and dam of the litter or their MDBA registration numbers if they are already entered on the MDBA registry
- Complete the litter application form and attach the stud service certification
- Pay the necessary litter application fees.